Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Stjepan Hauser and Luka Sulic - Smooth Criminal

Back in 1996 I came across a CD that I immediately bought. It was a group called Apocalyptica and the album was Apocalyptica: Plays Metallica by Four Cellos. "Wherever I May Roam" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" soon became my two favorite tracks on the CD. After that, I really haven't heard much more about people playing more mainstream music in this way.

That is, until the last couple of days.

Last week I was watching the Today show. They had David Garrett as a guest. He played a "rock" version of Beethoven's Fifth, complete with guitarist, bass player and drummer.

Here's a video of David Garrett on the Today Show from this past Friday. My apologies for the poor quality, but it's all I could find.





That got me thinking about Apolyptica again. And then today I came across the video below. This one is Stjepan Hauser and Luka Sulic doing Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal". I think guys like these are "rock stars" in their own way.





I was never a huge fan of Michael Jackson, but I did enjoy a few of his tunes, "Smooth Criminal" being one of them. That being said, I really enjoyed this rendition.
Stumble This Fav This With Technorati Add To Del.icio.us Digg This Add To Reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment